Tuesday 6 October 2009

JUSTIN K BROADRICK / INSOMNIA

















I suffer from lack of sleep most nights.. I tend to fall asleep around 1am in front of the TV, then wake up around 4.30/5ish.. I can never get back to sleep - so by 8am I've normally been up for at least 3 hours and it feels like its midday.
Anyway this morning i put on my Ipod and listened to some GODFLESH from the late 80's / early 90's. Anyone that knows me - knows that "THAT" time period was the golden age of Music to me. I listened to the self titled album, Streetcleaner , Slavestate, Cold World, and Pure all back to back whilst catching up on some emails and work stuff.. I got bored and frustrated doing that and started to read old interviews with Justin Broadrick from the band on-line. Whether or not you're a fan of GODFLESH, Justin seriously deserves some kind of "life-time tribute award" to underground music. The man is NOT ONLY one of the nicest guys i have ever worked with in 21 years of being in this godforsaken industry. He's also got so many amazing stories to tell and has experienced more than anyone else ive EVER met. This is a man that got offered and turned down chances to be in DANZIG & FAITH NO MORE + single handedly turned a generation of narrow-minded hardcore & metal kids to discover Electronica / Industrial music. In fact if there's one Auto Biography i would like to read it would be Justin's. It's a shame it will probably never happen though as he's not in any way a Trumpet Blower..

1 comment:

  1. his latest Greymachine incarnation on hydrahead is blinding

    ReplyDelete