Wednesday 14 October 2009

andrew hartwell - salesman of the year...


Late at night - working doing accounts and getting ready for the misery that is gonna be the Beak> box set mail out tomorrow with Geoff and Billy...
I had a break and went to my friend Andrew's website... www.aurora-b.com
Ive know Andrew and his girl friend Juliet (fixed gear riding legend) for a few years now - and they are total characters. They've both hooked me up with so much / so many people over the past couple of years its insane....
Anyway - Aurora Borealis is known for its great reviews in its webshop (& bare in mind they're actually trying to sell product from the shop). The decriptions make absolutely hillarious reading.. here's a couple of my faves...
STRIBORG
'The Foreboding Silence' CD

Genre:
ambient/black metal
This ones from 2008. I could quote from reviews about "pummeling an empty bucket with a wooden spoon" and the usual forests and dissonant outsider BM sounds from Tasmania, but I won't. However you slice it, this is some of the most fucked up, deranged 'music' you are ever likely to hear. The man is possessed to just keep creating album after album, unhindered by any kind of concern for rhythm, tuning, audio fidelity or indeed anything other than his bleak and frosty vision. I once was listening to Prurient's 'Black Vase' on the bus when I suddenly thought 'what the fuck am I doing? This is painful'. Striborg causes similar questions when I listen to him. I'm intrigued in the same way as fatal diseases are interesting. "It's not the pinnacle of musicianship or inventiveness, but if that's a worry you're completely missing the point...allow yourself to be carried away to this colorless wasteland.". I keep trying to get carried away, I really do.


STRIBORG
'In the heart of the rainforest/Misanthropic Isolation' CD
Genre: ambient/black metal
"Here comes Displeased Records with another set of re-released STRIBORG recordings, and not a single pair of jeans are soiled in excitement. This compilation was originally released back in 2003, and consists of the "In The Heart Of The Rainforest" demo from 2000 and the "Misanthropic Isolation" demo from as far back as 1998. In other words, this is a re-release of a re-release, nice." AND its back in stock!!
Some of the keyboards sound like there's a brass band practicing in the next room, but then it may actually be guitars.



FUCKING AMAZING

No comments:

Post a Comment