Wednesday 7 October 2009

Hair Cuts with Kadi / Riding and Painting with 45rpm / Careless FUCKING drivers.



At 10am this morning i met my good friends Matt & Kadi.
Kadi got the chance to see what not many people do.. "Me without a hat on.."
She cut my hair and did a good job although i did constantly tell her "you cant polish a turd". Obviously that wasnt a dig at her "snipping skillz" she's the best in the south west if not THE WORLD.. believe..!!
After much haggling over money, AKA whether she was going to accept any at all from me.. (there was a ten minute stand off),
Me and Matt went down to get paint from a shop in stokes croft - and stopped off at our favourite Bike shop in Bristol - Overburys in St Paul's.. Its been there since 1900. Its run by a serious mechanic who knows everything and everyone connected with high performance bikes.. Matt and I drooled over the catalogs he's just brought back from Italy - and nearly put deposits down on a new bike each.. Unfortunately lack of scroatage prevented this.
Andrew (the mechanic) is teaching me a few nerdy things like how to tighten a rear sprocket & lock-ring . He's a real decent guy. Im hooking up with him in London at the Earls Court bike fair in London over the next day or so if i have time from my work related commitments..
So after this Matt and i had an amazing ride around St Pauls and Easton on our way to Geoff's studio. Matt has only been riding fixed gear for 3 weeks and i'm SERIOUSLY impressed. He's gonna be one of those bastards that will be 'out doing' me within days - i can feel it in my (withered) bones.
Once we got to the studio it was full-on WORK WORK WORK.. I got on with my usual ritual of emails / phone calls / swearing / texting / grumbling.. Matt just got straight into the stencil and spraying of 400 BEAK> box sets..
After a long day doing this - we rode back to Matts for a drink and it was concluded it was a good day....
UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER my day didnt finish there... On my way home at the roundabout between Arley Hill and Redland road, Some ABSOLUTE CUNT IN A CAR knocked me off my bike, and then sped off... I was okay on first inspection - however im bruised badly and cut my hand, elbow, hip, knee, foot. My rear wheel is buckled and my handle bars are bent out of shape.. Im getting SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of car drivers who show absolutely NO regard to anyone else and drive like they're in some invincible bubble... I hope whomever it was that did that to me gets home tonite to discover their house is flooded or something to that effect.. Its a disgrace that they couldnt even be fucked to stop and see if i was okay... TOTAL BULLSHIT...
Anyway i wont be taking my bike up to London now so that means it will be plenty of walking and the filthy stinking tube.. Swine Flu running through the underground like a water through a pipe.
Anyway enough bleating - im looking forward to getting out of Bristol for a couple of days...

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe they didn't even stop to see if you were ok... utter CUNTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloody hell Redg, I reckon Billy falls off his bike less than you do!! ;-)

    What's the Cinelli bike you were after?

    ReplyDelete